The School was originally started in 1947 in a house in Almondsbury. It moved to Silverhill Brake in Rudgeway two years later, when it became known as Silverhill School. It moved to its present ten acre site in 1992 to enable it to offer a full range of educational activities.
In 1947 the house was bought by Mrs Rex Hopes and became the Collegiate School. This was a school all the way through to 18 years as well as being a boarding school. In 1992 the Collegiate School merged with the current Colston’s in Staple Hill and Silverhill School took up residence in Winterbourne House.
Silverhill School is a now a well-established Primary and Nursery school serving the community of Winterbourne and the surrounding towns and villages to the north-east of Bristol. We offer full educational and childcare services to over 200 children from the 0 – to 11 years, preparing them for their move to one of the many excellent secondary schools in the region, both State and Independent, at the end of Year 6.
In April 2010, we opened our Baby and Toddler unit, taking boys and girls from the age of 0 months. This was done in response to the increasing demand for an outstanding provision. We are delighted to say that this has proved to be a highly popular provision.
For a number of years now Silverhill School has adopted Haven Home, an orphanage in India, as its linked charity.