Main School Weekly News 1st July 2016
Filed in Main School Newsletters | Posted on July 1, 2016
- Years 3 – 6 will go on their end of year trip to Bowood House on Monday 4th July
- The Ks1 Creative Learning afternoon will take place on Monday 4th July starting at 2pm to view the art displays followed by a play and instrumentalists at 2.30pm.
- Year 6 PowerPoint presentations will continue at 9.15am on Tuesday 5th July.
- Winterbourne Library will be presenting their Summer Reading Challenge during assembly at 2pm on Tuesday 5th July.
- The final Year 6 PowerPoint presentations will take place at 11am on Wednesday 6th July.
- Year 5 & 6 will go swimming at 8.30am on Thursday 7th July.
- Speech Day and Prize Giving will take place at 10.30am on Friday 8th July. All parents are warmly invited to join us.
- Reception – had a great time at the Wild Place Project. We enjoyed a story workshop and then made hedgehog pictures using natural materials. We have been practising Hansel & Gretel and we are looking forward to performing this little play. We have been making water lily pictures and wearing and enjoying our last craft projects!
- Year 1 – We had a lovely time at the Wild Place despite the wet weather! The children were very impressed with the wolves and cheetahs! We have also been busy practising for our little play and the children were extremely excited at the dress rehearsal which went very well.
- Year 2 – have had great fun preparing for their Hansel & Gretel play – they can’t wait to perform it on Monday! We had a lovely day at the Wild Place despite the weather. The children have written some great recounts of the day. In Science the children have enjoyed making electrical circuits in preparation for KS2.
- Year 3 – have had a creative week watching brilliant school plays and writing poems, letters and play scripts inspired by the Reubens picture A Roman Triumph.
- Year 4 – have had a busy but eclectic week watching all the school plays! They are close to finalising their story books, Eva has been showing everybody how to add frames to the drawings.
- Year 5 – Well done to Year 5 for a fantastic performance in the school play. The finale was truly memorable!
- Year 6 – were amazing in the school play. They acted, sang and danced like true professionals!