Weekly News 21st October 2016
- Year 5 and 6 will be swimming at 8.30am on Monday 31st
- Year 2 will be swimming in the morning on Monday 31st
- Year 1 will be swimming in the afternoon on Monday 31st
- Hockey club is cancelled on Monday 31st
- Year 6 will be going to the library on Tuesday 1st
- Would all parents kindly note that if you book late room on a weekly basis, please ensure that your form is with the office by Friday lunchtime of the preceding week. If you have only completed late room bookings for the first half of the term, please make sure that you have completed the form for the next half term.
- Please have a look at our Facebook page to see the amazing pictures of your Key Stage 2 children den building. A fun time was had by all.
- Mrs Abbas, one of our Year 1 parents, is hoping to start childminding for children aged 8 years and over commencing after half term. If there are any parents at the school who may like to use this service, please contact the school office and we will put you in touch with Mrs Abbas.
- Reception have covered x, ng – ‘a thing on a string’ and nk – ‘I think I stink’ in phonics. We had great fun trying out the new hammock in Forest School and collecting more conkers. We all sat and posed beautifully for our photographs. Have a great half term.
- Year 1 This week Year One have been busy completing their assessments and have enjoyed being very creative in Forest School, where they did some ground art. The trip to Westonbirt was very informative and inspiring too!!
- Year 2 have had a fantastic trip to Westonbirt this week. They enjoyed recognising leaves and seeds for a variety of trees and sorting them correctly. They also learnt how to create a cosy, warm den for the resident badgers using holes in the ground, leaf litter and other good insulators – a great day out.
- Year 3 In Maths we have been weighing lots of objects. To help us weigh things we tried chocolate and breadsticks. When we measured (capacity) liquids we tasted pineapple juice and chocolate milkshake.
- Year 4 In History the children have been learning about the work of the scribes in Ancient Egyptian culture and trying their hand at writing messages in Hieroglyphics. There is a programme at 9pm on Sunday (possibly BBC Two) about Tutankhamun which might be interesting to record so the children can watch it.
- Year 4, 5 and 6 have enjoyed baking to celebrate the completion of Yon Kippur, initiated by Mrs Cooke.
- Year 5 have enjoyed making Jewish cheesecake.
- Year 4 and 6 made Hamantaschen – a poppy seed pastry associated with festivals.
- Year 5 and 6 have enjoyed working on Tangrams in Maths. They solved many problems and even drawn and constructed their designs.
Have a wonderful half term break – keep reading and practicing times tables, but most of all, HAVE A REST!