Weekly Newsletter 14th to 18th October
Important note: Parents have been asking about school photos. They will be taken in the Spring term.
This week Reception have continued to work on forming CVC words on whiteboards and using our phoneme fingers. We have been ordering our numbers and objects to 10 and working on our number formation. In our Topic we have been looking at Senses, in particular taste. We tried two food types; one sweet and one sour and had to decide which part of our tongue was reacting to the taste. The children learnt about our taste buds and how these can help us to taste our food. In PE the children showed excellent ‘ready to go’ stances and are becoming more confident holding the ball with their writing hands and aiming for the hoops.
This week Year 3 have been busy with Maths and English assessments. They have all worked very hard and have enjoyed a week without homework. The children had fun watching the PowerPoint about Mardi Gras and Carnival in this week’s assembly explaining our exciting Arts week which starts on Monday. Mrs Shaw has been introducing time lines in History and the children are getting to grips with BC and AD. In our last week’s PHSE lesson we had a story about friendship and we have now started to use ‘Friendship Tokens.’ Each child can give a daily token to mark a particular gesture another child has made for example ‘Thank you for being kind.’ These tokens are always helpful in reminding children of strategies for good communication taught in our lessons.
- Year 3 and 4 swimming has been cancelled due to the Arts Week activities
- Tuesday 22nd October Dance Workshop parade from 3.20pm
- Wednesday 23rd October FOSS Halloween Disco – tickets available online through the school website or from the FOSS Shop – please bear in mind the new FOSS shop opening times
- Thursday 24th October Arts Week Carnival Celebration – 3.00pm showcase in the Hall (parents welcome) and final parade around the school grounds (weather permitting).
- PE Kit to be worn by all on Tuesday and Thursday
- Thursday 24th October Break up for half term
- Friday 25th October Main School closed
- Return to school Monday 4th November
- Monday 4th November Year 5 and 6 swimming
- Thursday 7th November Remembrance Service 10.15-11.00am in the Hall. Parents welcome
- Friday 8th November Reception and Year 1 swimming
- Saturday 9th November FOSS Fireworks Display – tickets available online through the school website or from the FOSS Shop – please bear in mind the new FOSS shop opening times
- Tuesday 12th November Parent Forum Meeting – 6.00pm in the Dining Room